Thursday 16 April 2009

Feet don't touch the ground

This are mental at the moment.

Just got back from my first commission at The Perfect 5th. This was a booking made by the local college to cover one of their music evenings. The idea is that the students studying music perform various gigs over the year, which are videoed, and they choose the best 3 to be submitted as course work. The college marketing department wanted a few shots, I was told "a shot of every performer, and 5 to 6 group shots" of the evening, and someone told them that I was a photographer. I'm still not 100% sure who it was yet, all I have is a first name which still leaves two possibilities.

This was booked a couple of weeks ago, along with another booking for a larger event called Rockfest 2009. This again is a college event, but showcases a larger selection of bands.

Based on these two bookings I'd already initiated a web site design, and designed some Moo photo business cards. It's still early days, the website is coming along and already looking great, and the business cards are apparently printed but could take up to 5 more days to arrive.

But when I was shooting tonight, one of the heads of music, who was there to video the event for their coursework, asked me if I wanted to do the video as well, asked me if I had some business cards, and promised me lots more work in the future. That was before he even saw the video I shot, or any of my pictures.

It's all snowballing out of control! :)

I've just got back, and I'm so tired. I'll let it sink in while I sleep now I think.

No comments: