Wednesday 23 July 2008

Melancholy


Melancholy
Originally uploaded by Nostromoo
Tonight was a lovely day, and the evening was looking really pretty. So I decided we should go to Lydeard Hill so I could get some shots of Pixie as the sun went down. Trouble was, we left too late and we didn't reach the summit in time. Besides, it started to cloud over towards the horizon so the sun was getting obscured anyway.

So we turned around and headed back to the car park. On our way though I noticed quite a nice patch of sky above the tree line I thought I'd go for so I quickly pulled out the camera and fired off a couple shots just to get the exposure right. Pixie sat on the grass waiting to be called into action. I think this just turned out really well though, considering it wasn't planned as such. Looks nice in colour too, but I prefered it black and white.

Silly me can't hand hold a portrait postition at 1/25th obviously. I'll have to work on that.

No comments: