Saturday 23 August 2008

Birthday Flowers


Flowers
Originally uploaded by Nostromoo
I have to thank my Mum for these beautiful flowers. Um, well no I don't have to thank her I suppose because they were sent to my girlfriend, not to me, but you get the idea.

It was Pixie's birthday last week, and these arrived then. I promised my Mum I would take a picture once the "big flowers" has opened. I literally have no idea what they are. You know, I'm going to guess and call them Lillies. Any they opened up yesterday so I thought it was a good time for a thank you photograph.

Anyway they are really beautiful, although it's hard to find a place that is both safe from kittens (*remembers when they smashed two wine glasses and knocked over half a bottle of sparkling wine when I was trying to cook a romantic meal*) yet make the flowers accessible. We compromised with the book shelf. It's not ideal. but then with 6 little kittens nowhere is really ideal. Except maybe in the attic!

It's actually quite an odd feeling when flowers arrive for your girlfriend and you know nothing about them. You want to think the best, "Oh I bet that was...." and try to think of someone safe, but there's still a doubt. Maybe it's someone she met at work? Maybe from an old flame? And then you're all set to smash the flowers there and then and have a blazing row about her being unfaithful.

But this time I was able to hold my temper until I discovered they were some my Mommy. And that's okay, so I gave Pixie a kiss and put the flowers in a vase for her instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers..!! I think flowers are the easiest way to express feelings.