Sunday 31 August 2008

Evening barbeque


Light of my life
Originally uploaded by Nostromoo
Summer this year has been so horrible. I think the dullest August since records began, and already the wetest when only half way through the month. So it was nice that my Sister called me up yesterday and invited us over to see her and have a barbeque. My Dad was staying also so we all went over at about 1845 ish.

The evening was really nice, it would have been good to have gotten there a little earlier to make the most of the sun, but Pixie had to work on Saturday so we got away as early as we could have done.

Ideally I'd like to have not had to drive either so I could have had a few glasses of wine. But as it was I just sat there in the sun on the patio and drank ginger beer. Everyone else had wine, but nobody rubbed my nose in it.

The sun went down, we lit some candle on the table and we consumed various flame roasted goodies. Prawns, salmon, chicken, burgers, vegetables etc. Served alongside a big bowl of salad and some rolls and butter. It was all very nice.

To finish off we consumed vast quantities of strawberries, cream, pinapple cake and I make some more snickerdoodles. This time they came ot perfect as I make smaller balls and baked them on two trays.

At least we had one nice summer evening this year.

No comments: